Saturday, August 4, 2007

Just a Taste


Sorry loyal readers- The internet is slow slow slow.... so hear is just a couple highlights to hold you over.

Full albums to come.

Day 1
Barcelona

We just barely survived the plane ride. Here we are on our way- or so we thought to the port from the airport.

The girl on the right is Tracy's friend from Temple, Meg. She is interning in Spain this summer. She led us through the streets to the port. We are standing in front of a dirt soccer field. Excuse me- futbol field.

Day 2- Sea Day/Formal Night

Yep things got a little out of control this night.

The Lawalls and my 70 year old grandparents closed the bar. Very good times.

Stay tuned for some very questional pics of Keith as a member of Out of Sync.





Day 3 Palermo, Sicily

quote of the day: "Oh my f*ck" - Jo Ann on cable car ride straight up the mountain

We check out a ancient theater and a Temple. Which were pretty cool. Good way to start our Italian experience. Drove through some white wine vineyards.

So somehow Lynn convinces my mom to go a cable car ride straight up a mountain. The electricity goes out twice and we are stranded 50-80 feet off the ground dangling back and forth. My mom promptly ended her friendship with Lynn after getting off the cable car.

At the top of the mountain was the most gorgeous little town from medival times that was everything mystical about little Italian towns in one place.

I became obsessed with the Sicilian symbol.

That night we celebrated my birthday- much to my embarrassment and then Tracy and Jess participated in the show in towels. More details to come about that.


Day 4 aka walk around forever in the heat

Pompeii: Incredible stuff. Visited the still active Mount Vesiuvus and learned that the people of Pompeii were killed from the poisonous gass and then buried in ash. Some of the bodies of the people are preserved in the positioned they died. Pompeiians had a very sophisticated town complete with public bath houses and running water. Complete with fast food places. Total crazy considering it was 2000 years ago.

Sorrento and Capri were nice but kinda blah. We were so beat from Pompeii. And the boat ride was killer with the sea sickness.

Day 5 Olbia, Sardina

We chilled today taking a boat ride to a beach in Sardinia.

Then lunch floating on the boat in a little rock surrounded spot. We had some delicious pasta and wine and then of course gelato when we got back. We are definitely getting our share of Italian food while we are here.

Day 6 ROMA

11 hour tour that actually became a 13 hour from start to finish. WOW

I am so glad I got to see all of the things in Rome but I am also happy that its over! We first stopped at the Trevi foundation, then the Colluseam, and St Peters Bascillica. (sorry about the spelling in advance). So much history and it hits you how old everything is.
Dinner at Palo as the sun was setting. We met PJ and very colorful head waiter. Lots of fun.

Day 7 Much needed Sea Day

We chilled out all day. Then we went to Tequila tasting. After that I have no idea what happen. I remember checking the dining rooms all twice because I couldn't remember where we were eating that night. I crashed early and woke up with a hangover. You'll have to ask my family what happen. But don't ask Tracy- she doesn't know either.

Day 8 La Spezia

Today I fell in love. Wow Circe Terra was amazing. 5 towns by the sea. Prettiest thing I have seen yet and the first time this week when I felt- Wow I need to see this again. Thanks to Jenna for the recommendation.



That brings us to the present. I am finding a good signal here in the Cove Cafe so I'll try to update more often. Ciao Italy- France tomorrow.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

OMG!! I have been waiting for DAYS to see your blog develop! Iknow from reading other's work that you have had internet problems, but I am thrilled to get to see your pictures! M&M were SO EXCITED to see T&T!!! Marshall even said excitedly, "Hey, there's Ken!!" Maybe he has "forgiven" him! LOL! Enjoy the trip! I enjoyed your blog!!

Anonymous said...

Europe... I always wanted 2 go there. Did u watched their football leagues also?

btw, u should travel around asia also n visits my country Indonesia! :)

http://tele-all.blogspot.com